March 1st 2023
Finding the perfect venue for your San Diego wedding is one of the most important and difficult decisions you’ll have to make. The endless options available for your special day can be exciting yet a little overwhelming without knowing where to start or what to ask – and that’s ok! Whether or not you have a wedding planner, get ahead on knowing what to look out for when you start searching for your perfect venue. Make the most of your venue tours knowing you have the right tool belt prepared going into your tour with these top five most important questions to ask the venue manager on tour day!
1. What services and amenities are included in the total pricing? We can’t stress this enough. The cost of the venue is almost always more than it appears to be. You’ll want to do an apples-to-apples comparison between venues, and in order to do so, you need to know the total costs involved and what services and amenities are included. We like to make it simple. When you book with Julep, the price includes the venue and all of our amenities. Julep will have that number for you at the ready to make sure our venue is the right fit for your vision.
2. Do they have onsite parking? Parking is an important, but often overlooked component of choosing an event venue. Make sure your venue offers a solid parking plan, whether that be on-site parking or complimentary valet. Be aware that some venues charge for every parking spot. Julep Venue has an entire upper and lower parking lot dedicated to you and your guests. Parking problems… never heard of them.
3. What are the included amenities? Insider Tip: The venue rental fee doesn’t matter if you don’t fully understand the value. For example -the rental fee may seem really low compared to the venue you just toured, but if it doesn’t come with all of the event essentials, you’re going to pay even more to rent them from an outside vendor. ALWAYS ASK WHAT THE VENUE RENTAL FEE INCLUDES.
4. Can I choose my vendors? Some venues choose to exclusively work with their list of preferred vendors, and that’s ok, you just need to know that before you sign the contract. If you’ve dreamed of having a certain photographer shoot your wedding and they are not on the venue’s preferred vendor list, you have the decision to make. Tip – don’t be afraid to ask for an exception. San Diego has some incredible vendors to work with, we are more than happy to give recommendations of our favorite local vendors.
5. What is the venue curfew?
Know your crowd! If you are having a large celebration with friends that you haven’t seen in a while, you’ll most likely want to celebrate into the night. Make sure to ask how late you’re allowed to be in the space. Typically, downtown venues can
stay open later than those in residential areas. Our no-curfew policy will allow you and your guests to keep the party going!
We know weddings can feel like a lot. That’s why we make it our mission to be as transparent and helpful as possible. We want you to be able to spend more time enjoying all of San Diego’s fun activities, and less time worrying about the details. We are glad to provide any tips and advice needed to help make the process easier, so you can focus on the things that really matter. With Julep Venue, you’ll have one less thing to worry about on your special day.
Check out our other wedding tips and tricks: